Gluten free recipe for:
These tasty gluten free cake donuts have just a touch of cinnamon. Who said you could never have donuts again?!!Submitted by: Pat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients: 1 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup corn starch
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
Vegetable or canola oil for frying.
1. Heat oil in pan to 375 degrees (oil should fill the bottom of the pan so doughnuts float).
2. In a large bowl mix together dry ingredients.
3. Mix in butter, milk and egg until smooth.
4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut with a doughnut cutter.
5. Carefully put doughnuts in hot oil, being careful not to overcrowd pan. Fry for about 3 minutes until golden brown, turning only once.
6. Place doughnuts on paper towels to cool.
7. Dust donuts with powdered sugar or frost with icing and decorate…enjoy!