Gluten free recipe for:
The perfect cream soup base to substitute any time a canned cream soup is recommended. This makes every dish more flavorful!Submitted by: Patrick
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients: 1/4 cup butter
1 Tbsp minced onion
2 Tbsp corn starch
1 Tbsp rice flour or sorghum flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/4 cups milk
OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup chicken, mushroom, OR celery to make it a specific cream soup
1. Saute minced onion in melted butter in a medium saucepan.
2. Whisk in corn starch, flour, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
3. Slowly add milk, whisking to prevent lumps.
4. Heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
5. If you want to make this a specific cream soup, add the extra ingredients (1/4 cup of mushrooms, chicken, or celery) with the minced onion and saute in the butter.